Friday, July 12, 2019

Mosaic Mystery from Meadow Mist Designs

     I have been saving all the steps for the annual mystery quilt that Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs runs since the beginning. It started in 2014 and this year is just getting underway. Fabric requirements are available, and there is a link up of everyone's fabric choices. I went into my large stash and pulled out some batiks I've been saving for several years. Basically you need 3 coordinating fabrics plus a background.


     I chose 3 very light batiks for the background, to be evenly mixed into the blocks. The 3 main color choices are the dark blue, orange and light blue. I also have a fun orange border print that I will use to make the quilt big enough to fit my long twin bed. This is going to be a cheerful quilt! I know some people really dislike orange (my sister comes to mind 😃) but I like it, especially with blue.

     Today and tomorrow I am working on a embroidery project that is a first birthday present for my youngest great-nephew. The party is Saturday and then I can share photos.

     I have ended up with several blocks of the month going this year. As long as I stay up to date I'll be ok. I always think a block a month should be doable, but then I start too many projects, or I get behind, and there you have it, another unfinished quilt. I'll have to list everything I have going and see how I do. Stay tuned...

     I have just started a spreadsheet of fabric purchases. I know some of you probably don't want to record how much fabric you buy, but I'm curious. I'm at a point where I'm waiting on lumbar surgery, and need both knees done, so going out to a quilt shop for fabric is less appealing than it would normally be. But, I've ordered the same fabric twice, so it's time to keep a list. It will be interesting to see just how much I spend on fabric, too. I may regret this!

     If I don't get a post written till Sunday night it means I'm working hard on the birthday gift. I will be sure to share it once it is given to the birthday boy. My niece posts on Facebook so hopefully she won't mind if I post a photo of him with his gift.

     Have a great weekend!
     Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment