Sunday, June 10, 2018

Where the Flowers Bloom Blog Hop



                                   

Hello, and welcome to my blog post for the Where the Flowers Bloom Blog Hop. Thank you, Carla, for allowing me to be one of the stops on this fun hop. I love flowers and I found a perfect project. Here is the schedule for this week:

Where Flowers Bloom Blog Hop Schedule





Unfortunately, I ended up in the hospital for 10 days in the middle of May. I was very restricted when I came home, and I was unable to finish my project. I’m sorry but it was completely out of my control. No one plans emergency surgery on a Saturday night!

I do a lot of embroidered quilt blocks, so when the theme of the hop was announced I went right to one of my favorite websites, Sweet Pea Machine Embroidery Designs. They are based in Australia and they do fun quilts and in the hoop projects like bags, toys, etc. If you are a machine embroidery fan, do check them out.


These are called Abstract Flowers. They look like a hold over from my teen years in the 70s. I keep solids like black white, indigo and several shades of grey Kona cotton on hand. I wash and iron with starch all my fabric before I use it. So I had black and white all prepared. I started with the black blocks and made one of each design and started another round, but discovered I was out of black prepared fabric. So I jumped over to white and started there. You can see I didn’t get very far. I had complete forgotten my date for the hop and was reminded by an email from Carla (thankfully!).


I am sewing 5” x 5” blocks. I will continue to work on this over the next couple weeks as I have time. I am also in the process of moving from New Hampshire to Connecticut but these are perfect blocks to sew at the end of the day when I can‘t sort any more stuff.


Please come visit me again and watch for the finish of this project. I am really enjoying making the blocks. My move will intrude on my sewing for a bit but I’ll be moved by the end of July. I’ve already closed on the new house and have a buyer for mine. On to a new chapter in a new place, near where my family lives.

Thanks,
Mary




32 comments:

  1. Wow, these blocks are incredible, fabulous job. Good luck with the move and get well soon 🤗 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get well soon. So happy to see your beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful flowers! Get well soon and a easy and fast move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those flowers are really gorgeous and I love the idea of using embroidery to make blocks! I hope you’re feeling better and good luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your project is gorgeous. I'm sorry you weren't able to finish it. Wishing you the best for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, these flowers are so gorgeous. I'm sorry you had to have surgery and wish you a fast recovery. You are so sweet to keep at these flowers and post in Where Flowers Bloom despite the crazy in your life. I'm so glad you were able to show your work. It makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful embroidered flowers ! May your healing and your move go well. Looking forward to seeing more as you are able to stitch ... :) pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you were ill. You blocks look great so far. And I agree, they look like something from the 70's. Prayers that you are back on your feet and 100% fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These blocks are so unique and pretty! I started following your blog so I will look forward to the finished project. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting project. Look forward to seeing the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are doing better after your surgery and hospital stay. You have a great start on your project. Really cute flowers. I am going to check out Sweat Pea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those blocks are beautiful! I hope your move goes smoothly and your recovery from surgery is quick.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous. Makes me want to pull out my embroidery machine. Have a stress free move...if there is such a thing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blocks! They're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! I can see where they would take some time

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful blocks! Can't wait to see the finished product. Thank you for the link to Sweet Pea. I am always looking for new embroidery sites.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful blocks! I am so sorry you wound up in the hospital. We downsized last year, and it was quite the ordeal. It is good news that things are progressing and you are moving forward on all fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did great hun heal and sew later.... Got to love an embroidery machine hole other hobby...
    Can't wait to see it done.... happyness04431@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet Pea is one of my favorite sites for designs. She is very creative, I can't imagine where she gets all her ideas, but she always amazes me. This looks like a great project and I can't wait to see it come together. I hope your doing better since the surgery, and I hope your move goes smoothly. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love those designs! I will check out that shop. I hope you're making a fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  21. They are gorgeous! Sorry to hear about surgery, hope your recovering quickly! Moving is so hard, try to take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those flowers are so pretty! Hope you are doing better now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hoping you continue to improve and the move goes well. Your flowers are gorgeous. This will bee beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are a busy lady with a move to another state, along with a 10 day hospital stay! I do hope you are healing quickly and that you are able to sneak in some slow stitching as you go. I love machine embroidery too and will have to look up those groovy flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your blocks are awesome and will be part of a beautiful finish. Sorry to hear of your health issues but it sounds like you are on the mend. Good luck with the move and continue on with getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Best of luck with your move - a different environment, definitely! Your flowers are beautiful, and Carla did say to post as much as we had finished!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sorry to hear that you had to make an unplanned trip to the hospital. Your flower blocks are lovely and I plan to come back to see your project when you get the chance to complete it. Best of luck in your move.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sew cute! I'm glad you showed us what you had done so far. That will be a beautiful runner! Thanks for sharing--hope you're back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  29. They are lovely Mary! Sorry you haven't been well, hope you are all better soon and look forward to seeing more flowers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. They are really cute, Mary. I'm sorry about your trip to the hospital and hope that you are recovering well. You must let us know when your project is completed! I too love those in-the-hoop quilt blocks! Those designs to remind me of the flower power days of the 60s and 70s! LOL Hope you are feeling much, much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Mary, I just love those colorful flowers! So pretty, and they remind me of when I was a kid in the '70's.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think you did fine for this hop. You started a project, which is gorgeous by the way, and wrote up a post. I hope you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete