Sunday, March 18, 2018

Another Month Gone by in a Flash!


I can't believe a month has gone by so fast. I've been busy sorting things in my old house. I have accepted that a move back to Connecticut from New Hampshire is not going to happen this year. There is too much to do still, and I haven't decided to build or go house hunting. I have blueprints that I bought in the mid 90's when I was thinking of buying land from my grandmother's estate and building. It never happened but I still love the house plans. There is no rush, in any case.

I would like to say I've been sewing up a storm this month but I just don't know where the time goes. I did finish a top that was supposed to be shown at the February Seabreeze Quilt Guild meeting. I wasn't able to go due to illness. And the March meeting was cancelled for snow.  I'll be showing it on Wednesday when it's my day for the Quilt Qwazy Queens Blog Hop.

We've been having weekly snow storms on Tuesdays, usually 20 inches or so. There was another coming this week but the forecast seems to have changed and it's looking clear for the week. My sister and I are headed to Lancaster, PA for the AQS Show. We've got 3 nights in the hotel where the show is, so as long as we get there, it can snow as much as it wants!

Gloaming Fat Quarter Bundle

I don't remember how I stumbled across this but I purchased the fat quarter bundle of Gloaming from Cora's Quilts. Oh boy, do I love the colors. I don't have a plan for it yet but I'm sure I'll find something.


I also found a monthly pattern subscription website called Pattern Drop. I saw a photo of the February quilt pattern and had to have it! So for a very reasonable fee I will get a new pattern every month. I've got stash of Island Batik's Fresh Pick'ins that will work wonderfully for this.

Hope to see you on Wednesday. I've pulled out several UFOs for my day on the blog hop.  I also saw on Facebook that Barb Vedder has mailed back our blocks from the Churn Dash block swap. Can't wait to see them all!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. I love the fabric bundle, you can't go wrong with teal and mustard :)

    ReplyDelete