Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Sew Sampler Box

I've been getting the Sew Sampler monthly box from the Fat Quarter Shop since June of last year. Every month I mean to share it and every month I forget. So it's a new year, and when I got my box this month I finally remembered!

This is the box that comes in the mail. I was talking to a friend recently and she says she waits a couple days to build anticipation for what's inside. Not me, I open it asap.


When you open the box, there is a cover telling what the theme of the box is.


When you remove the cover, you can see the jumble of items included. This month's box is from Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet.


This Cute Cuts ruler was right on top. It is 1-1/2" x 6-1/2". The half inch margin in pink is textured and helps keep the ruler from slipping. This is handy size to keep by my machine. I am working on a paper-pieced project right now with lots of small cuts, so this is perfect.


The fabric is a 21 piece, 10" Stacker from the Butterflies & Berries collection from Riley Blake Fabrics. I love all of Lori Holt's fabric lines - they are modern but I think they have a retro feel.


The Flitter lap quilt an be made with the addition of background fabric using the 10" stacker. I think this is so cute! I'm a fan of 30's era fabric and quilts and butterflies were hugely popular. The pattern has a twin version that requires a second stacker and more background fabric. I've already ordered this because I have a twin bed.


Also included in the box are Bee in My Bonnet Bandages by Lori Holt. These are average size bandages in four sewing themed prints. There is a package of Just Pins with three cute tops. Finally, there is a needle carry card by Emma Creations. It has six slots to hold needles and would be perfect in your traveling sewing box.

There is also a monthly block pattern from Lori Holt. Since April 2017 the pattern is a basket block. I had every intention of making the block each month but there are just too many things I want to sew and not enough hours in the day!

Visit Lori Holt at Bee in My Bonnet and see her fabric lines at Riley Blake Designs.

I am heading out for two retreats over the next couple weeks. I hope to get lots of sewing done, and relax with friends. It's so nice to be able to focus on your sewing and let someone else do the cooking and make the bed. Hope you get some sewing time!

Mary

PS. I've waited a couple days since I received my box so as not to spoil the surprise for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment