Friday, March 18, 2016

Ruby Short McKim Embroidery

To introduce Ruby Short McKim’s designs I am going to post a weekly alphabet installment. This is intended for use as an embroidered monogram with both left and right versions of the letters provided. Ruby designed this during the early part of the Art Deco period. There’s a nice article about this style, popular in the 1920s to 1940s, at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Deco.


Click on image to save.

To download a pdf version click here.

I found these in the Decatur Review newspaper from Decatur, Illinois. I do a lot of genealogy research and there are historical newspapers included in my Ancestry.com subscription. Decatur is in the middle of Illinois in farm country. I lived in Bloomington/Normal for five years in the 80s. It was a shock to move from New England to the middle of the corn fields!

Thanks for looking today. Please share this blog with your friends who might enjoy it. 

Thanks, 
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment