Saturday, December 29, 2012

Update on Sandy Hook Projects

I posted information about Quilter's Corner in New Milford, CT, collecting pillowcases for Sandy Hook a couple posts ago.  DO NOT SEND ANY MORE PILLOWCASES.  She has been completely overwhelmed and has passed her goal a week ago.  "Like" QUILTER'S CORNER on Facebook to see the daily count.  They've been getting a daily special delivery from the post office with nothing but pillowcases.  There were some from Ireland yesterday!

If you are looking for somewhere to send pillowcases, try conkerrcancer.org.  They work to give a bright cheery pillowcase to every seriously ill child. They have drop-off locations and volunteer coordinators who get the donated pillowcases to children's hospitals. Here in New Hampshire we have the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Hospital. 


12/31 UPDATE: They have also been overwhelmed with snowflakes - please do not send any more.
I tried to find the status of the PTSA drive to collect snowflakes, with no luck.  The only clue is that the request is gone from the PTSA Helping Sandy Hook website at http://www.ctpta.org/SANDY-HOOK-FUND.html.  So you might want to send a few, but I wouldn't organize a big drive at this time, without checking with them first.  

I did find one new embroidery design company offering a free snowflake today.  Snow Lady Designs (www.snowladydesigns.com) has a design available for download on their front page.

It's hard to believe a new year starts in a few days.  My grandmother used to tell me time goes faster and faster and I didn't buy it.  But I do now!  I will post a directory to free or very low cost Quilting Blocks of the Month in the next couple days.  I'm amazed at how many are out there! So pull out your fat quarters and get ready to sew along.
                                                                                      Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment