Monday, July 11, 2016

Rowing Again, and Summer Sensations almost here!

Hi!

My friend and I went to get our Saturday Sampler blocks this past Saturday (7/9) and decided to stop in at some other shops in the area to get their Row patterns. Do you have a local shop that does Saturday Sampler? I know the idea goes back 10 years or so and I started going to Knight's Quilt Shop in 2012 after my shop closed in 2011. You purchase your first block in January, bring back the sewn block the next month and get the kit free. If you don't get it sewn, or can't go on the correct Saturday, you don't get it free, it's $5. Little Lamb Quilt Shop always did the first Saturday. Knight's is on the second Saturday. I've got 4 years worth of blocks done and still haven't assembled a top. I'll get to it!
After getting our blocks and row pattern at Knight's, we headed north along the New Hampshire/Maine border. We stopped at four other shops:

Saltwater Fabrics, South Berwick, ME. This one is titled "The Perfect Sewing Room." You can see the ocean out the windows - so clever!

The Village Quilt Shop, Berwick, ME.

Sanford Sewing Machines in Sanford, ME.

Footprints Quilt Shoppe in Rochester, NH.

That brings me to 10 row patterns collected so far. People are turning in completed quilts and winning 25 fat quarters already. I am saving the rows for future sewing. I've been scanning them as I get them so I will be able to find them when ready to sew.


The other news today is the schedule for the Summer Sensations Blog Hop that I'm participating in has been sent out to participants. My turn is on Sunday, July 24. I have a quick and easy project I'll be sharing. Please visit the wonderful Marian at Seams to be Sew for more information.

I'll be back with the next block for 101 Patchwork Quilts later this week.

Thanks for visiting,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment