Monday, April 16, 2018

The Nesting Box from Fat Quarter Shop

The Fat Quarter Shop has just released a special mystery box celebrating spring. They are also starting their third year of the monthly Sew Sampler box. I've been receiving it for a year now and have never been disappointed. I've loved all the fabric (and ordered more of several) and the notions have been perfect. I am using every one they've sent. The Nesting Box arrived sometime over the weekend while I was at a Jacqueline DeJonge retreat (more about this another day).

 

The Nesting Box was shipped in this nice spring green box (photo doesn't show the color correctly). When you open the lid you see the cover here, which has a 20% off coupon on the back for all Moda Bella Solids.  


Inside, under the cover, it this wonderful pattern Dream Nest (right) and quilting templates (left). There is also a woven "Made with Love" label and a Moda Fabrics Reference Guide, containing measurements, quilt sizes, block counts, basic shape cutting instructions, and other items of interest. I love the pattern, but it's only 70" x 70" so I will add a solid border or maybe yardage of one of the prints to make it a full size.


The fabric is a full layer cake of Nest by Leila Boutique for Moda Fabrics. I love the soft spring colors in this fabric line. Not sure I'm going to use the solid blue background shown on the pattern but I'll find something. It should be a Bella Solid since they gave a coupon to purchase it.


Last are all the goodies! A spool of Aurifil 80 wt light blue thread, a white Chaco Liner, a bottle of Roxanne's Glue Baste It Dip and Dab, a Bobbin Nest which I was needing, a butterfly enamel pin and a beautiful pair of red bronze 4.5" scissors. I am always looking for a pair of thread snip scissors so this will be put to immediate use.

I have a Bella Solids fabric swatch color chart and will make a choice tomorrow when the sun is hopefully shining. We had a very cold, damp day here in New Hampshire. We're beginning to wonder if spring is ever going to arrive.

I'm starting to think about my row design for the "My Happy Place" Row Along in September. At my sewing machine is a very happy place but I need to decide on something that will make a nice row pattern. You'll have to wait and see what I come up with. The patterns will be available free during the blog hop, starting September 4.

The Nesting Box appears to still be available at www.FatQuarterShop.com. #TheNestingBox

2 comments:

  1. nice goodies....not yet spring here in MD either...but way better for this former new england gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you warming up yet? Not here. I bet it's going to go from cold to hot, with no in between time. Oh well!

      Delete