Saturday, March 26, 2016

Row by Row Experience

Did you participate in last year’s Row by Row Experience shop hop during the summer? If I counted right, a friend and I went to about 30 shops over several day trips. We stopped in shops from Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Connecticut. I even did a couple extra on the way to and from doctor’s appointments in Massachusetts. And I started out great, making rows as soon as I got the patterns. Now, as is my habit, it all sits in a project box waiting to be finished.









The 2016 Row by Row Experience theme is Home Sweet Home. I’m sure this is going to produce some wonder row patterns. You can look at their website and blog for more information. There is a fabric line from TimelessTreasures, designed by Debra Gabel, coming out now. Hancock’s of Paducah has it on sale! There is also a coloring book available.It looks like the shops will be listed by state on Facebook. If you don’t know, you do not have to belong to Facebook in order to view public pages.

I found a blog post from The Little Green Bean on how to make a fabric map, complete with .studio files for each state. I don’t have a Cameo cutting machine to use the files but I am planning on getting a Brother Scan n Cut in the near future. You can convert the cutting files to your format but I’ll save how for another post, once I’ve actually done it. If you have a summer road trip planned you could combine that with Row by Row quilt shop stops and make a map of your trip. I’m envisioning a black map outline with scrappy states appliqued for where you were. My family took a trip to California from Connecticut when I was 7. I have the atlas that mom marked, and lots of photos. Wouldn’t that make a fun memory wall quilt?

Thanks for visiting, and don’t forget to share this blog with your friends.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I just love the house rows. I'm crazy about house and cats. No idea why. I want a piece of that fabric just for the the ideas for future houses for my collection. Are you going one row shop hop this year? I want to do that or go on a retreat someday.
    Happy Easter, He has Risen
    Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete